As a customer of Sonoma Clean Power, you benefit from having cleaner, renewable electricity at competitive rates. But you can also benefit from lower carbon emissions, a more comfortable home, and lower utility bills through programs from SCP and other partner organizations! SCP customers are eligible to take advantage of opportunities from other partner organizations to save energy, save money, or improve the comfort and efficiency of their home. Below are some valuable resources.
The Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Home Energy and Water Saving Toolkits are stocked with energy and water saving supplies that can help measure how much energy or water is being consumed in the home and make easy upgrades to your home to help save money on the utilities bills.
Just like a book, the toolkits can be checked out from participating Sonoma County Libraries for three weeks!
Each DIY toolkit comes with Home Energy and Water Savings Toolkit guide to walk you through each upgrade step and provide additional saving tips.
In each DIY toolbox, you will find energy and water saving supplies for you to keep:
• Dimmable LED lightbulbs to upgrade your home’s lighting;
• Weather stripping to seal leaks in windows and doors for a more comfortable home;
• Outlet and light switch insulation gaskets to help maintain a comfortable temperature in the home and stop any leaks in outlets and switches;
• Low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators to help you save water;
• Water leak detection tablets to help you detect water leaks in the toilet;
• Water flow rate bag to measure the rate of water flow in faucets and showers to detect that they are water efficient.
The DIY Toolkit also includes energy-usage measuring devices that need to be returned:
• Kill-a-Watt meter to measure which appliances or devices use the most energy in your home;
• Infrared laser thermometer to detect trouble areas where heat is being lost in the winter or gained in the summer;
• Refrigerator Thermometer to monitor the temperature in your fridge or freezer and make sure it’s working properly and efficiently;
• Hot water thermometer to check if the temperature of your hot water and make sure the water heater is working efficiently;
• Plier to help replace old faucet aerators and showerheads;
• Pipe thread seal tape (plumber’s tape) to prevent leaks in your faucets or showerheads (if needed).
Check out the toolkits and start saving energy and water! Toolkits are available at the following Sonoma County Libraries:
• Guerneville Regional Library (14107 Armstrong Woods Rd, Guerneville, CA, 95446)
• Sebastopol Regional Library (7140 Bodega Ave, Sebastopol, CA, 95472)
• Central Santa Rosa Library (211 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA, 95404)
Income Assistance Programs
Customers looking for more opportunities can use the following resources to find more ways to save energy, save money, or improve the comfort and efficiency of their home.