The California ISO has issued a Flex Alert for July 28th asking consumers and businesses to conserve energy between the hours of 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Before 4 p.m., please:
- Pre-cool your home or work space by lowering your thermostat
- Do laundry
- Run the dishwasher
- Charge your electric vehicle
- Charge laptops and phones
- Set pool pumps to run in the early morning late at night
Between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m., please:
- Set air conditioning to 78 degrees or higher, if health permits
- Avoid using major appliances
- Turn off all unnecessary lights
- Unplug devices or turn off power strips
- Close blinds and drapes
- Limit time the refrigerator is open
Please help us get these important messages out to your friends and neighbors so we can all prepare and prevent power outages. Thank you.