Customers enrolled in Sonoma Clean Power continue to receive their full CARE/FERA and Medical Baseline discounts.
These programs do not change for SCP customers, and customers do not need to re-apply.
CARE & FERA Rates
Customers enrolled in Sonoma Clean Power (SCP) will continue to receive their full California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) discounts within their PG&E charges, and there is no need to reapply for these programs with SCP.
CARE and FERA are state and federal programs that provide discounted rates on energy bills for income-qualified households and housing facilities. Qualifications are based on the number of people living in your home and your total annual household income.
New CARE and FERA enrollments or renewals must still be done through PG&E’s customer service center or website. If you think you may be eligible to receive a CARE or FERA discount, you can sign up at PG&E’s website or by calling PG&E at 1 (866) 743-2273.
Customers enrolled in Sonoma Clean Power will continue to receive their Medical Baseline Allowance from PG&E, and there is no need to reapply for this program with SCP. Medical Baseline customers are also exempt from PG&E’s Power Charge Indifference Adjustment charges, which can provide an additional savings on energy bills.
Medical Baseline Allowances are generally available to customers who personally are, or who live with someone who is dependent on life-support equipment or have certain other serious medical conditions that create an added need for electricity. This program allows customers to receive discounted rates for electricity by increasing their allocation of “baseline usage,” that is available at lower rates.
New enrollments must still be done through PG&E’s customer service center or website. If you think you may be eligible to receive a Medical Baseline Allowance, you can sign up at PG&E’s website or by calling PG&E at 1 (866) 743-2273.
- Tips to Avoid Service Shut Off
- Consejos para evitar el cierre del servicio
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Programas de asistencia financiera
- Getting Help to Pay your Electricity Bills
- Obteniendo ayuda para pagar sus facturas de electricidad
- Medical Baseline Facts
- Datos sobre la Tarifa Básica Asignada
No Cost Solar
As a supporter of renewable power and local jobs, our partnership with GRID Alternatives brings the benefit of solar technology to families in need of financial savings, while providing job training and hands-on solar installation experience to volunteers. Thanks to a rebate from the State of California, eligible homeowners can install a NO-COST solar system through GRID Alternatives and save 50-90% on your electric bill.
- No cost to the customer;
- Cost savings of 50%-90% on your electricity bill;
- Increased home value, and;
- Clean energy that’s healthier for families and communities.
Below are the eligibility requirements. To get started, please contact GRID Alternatives today by calling them at 1 (866) 921-4696 or by visiting www.gridsolar.org.
- Own and live in the home (renters do not qualify),
- Have a monthly electric bill of $30 or more,
- Live in an area qualifying for state funding (direct customer to contact GRID Alternatives at 1 (866) 921-4696 to determine qualification), and
- Have an annual household income for 2018 at or below the following limits for Mendocino and Sonoma Counties:
*Add all incomes in your household for 2018 and include children in your total household size.