Applications are now closed.
SCP’s Spirit of Entrepreneurship Grant strives to develop sustainable entrepreneurs invested in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy, environmental stewardship and distributed energy resources in a manner that encourages economic vitality and affordable rates for customers. In partnership with Santa Rosa Junior College’s Entrepreneurship (ESHIP) Program, we're uniquely positioned to develop and support entrepreneurship efforts in the region, particularly those with a sustainability focus.
Small businesses form the backbone of our economy, with more than 75% of the businesses in Sonoma County employing less than 10 individuals, and one-person businesses generate roughly $2.2 billion in annual business revenue. The ESHIP program champions entrepreneurship in the North Bay by developing entrepreneurs of any discipline with the tools required to identify a viable business model and launch and grow a business.
Participants in the SCP’s Spirit of Entrepreneurship Grant Competition must:
• Be an active student in good standing at Santa Rosa Junior College;
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress with SRJC;
• Be currently enrolled or completed the Santa Rosa Junior College’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Capstone Course (or any successor course, as approved by SCP) in the current academic year;
• Have played a significant role in conceiving the venture;
• Present a new venture/new business idea, or where the proposed entry is an existing business, the existing business must have received less than $50,000 in institutional funding prior to the commencement of the grant competition;
• Present as part of the Course “Pitch Contest” at the end of the academic year;
• All submitted materials must be the original work of the participant and/or team; and
• Participants may participate in the competition as part of a team, but each individual team member must satisfy all eligibility guidelines. There is no limit to the number of team members.